The Site and our apprenticeship programs are hosted in and provided from the United States of America. If you are accessing our Site from any location outside the United States of America, please note that the Personal Information we collect will be transferred to, used, stored, and otherwise processed in the United States of America. We do not represent that the Site or our processing of your Personal Information will comply with the laws of any jurisdiction outside of the United of America.
1. Information We Receive About You
A. Information You Provide to Us.
We may collect information about you, including Personal Information, in a variety of ways. The primary means by which we do so occurs through what you voluntarily provide to us, including when you submit an application, form response, or any other form of written information to us through our Site. This information may include information that personally identifies you, such as your name or any of the information we are required to collect and retain under 29 C.F.R. Parts 29 and 30. We may also collect certain information from you via a third party, such as if you direct your school or employer to provide us with information about your enrollment or employment. We do not maintain educational or related records for schools or other educational institutions, and do not obtain or retain any information about you from such third parties unless you direct them to share your information with us on your behalf. We may also combine information you provide to us with information from public and other reputable sources, including, for example, updated contact information and demographic data.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
We are not responsible for the privacy of any information you voluntarily reveal or post in any public forum (e.g., message board, chat room, social media page, etc.) whether or not such public forum is offered or sponsored by us, nor are we responsible for the privacy practices of websites that are operated or owned by third parties.
2. Our Use and Sharing of Information
- to promote our apprenticeship programs;
- with prospective employers in order to match you with potential career opportunities, if you are enrolled in the apprenticeship program;
- with your school, in order to recognize your accomplishments within the apprenticeship or your school’s apprenticeship-related curricula;
- when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or to comply with law or any regulatory authority;
- when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- if we are acquired by or merged with another organization, your information may be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
3. Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to online data security, and for that reason we take steps to make sure that the Personal Information we receive or collect is stored, processed and maintained in accordance with reasonable security practices designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and form unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or misuse. To the extent we engage with third-party vendors to provide the necessary technology infrastructure required to run our Site and business, we use reasonable efforts to ensure that these third-party vendors commit to industry standard security practices designed to related to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and form unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or misuse.
Please note that we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information which is submitted or transmitted via the internet or via or mobile platforms and, by engaging in any of these activities, you understand that any such submission or transmission is done at your own risk. You are also responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information through your computer or other devices. We recommend you limit access to your computer or other devices through which you accessed the Site by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We are not responsible for your circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
4. Your Rights to Restrict Disclosure of Personal Information
We offer you choices with regard to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information. These options include opting out of advertising provided by us or choosing for us not to share Personal Information with third parties. If you do not wish to receive these communications from us, you may “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” from these communications by contacting us directly as described in Section 7 below.
Of course, you are always free to not disclose information to us. In addition, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete cookies as soon as you leave our Site. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, by changing the add-on’s settings, or visiting the web site of its manufacturer. Please note, however, that we have no liability or responsibility to any party with regards to your inability or unwillingness to disclose information to us or through the Site.
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Site is not directed or marketed at, nor intended for use by, children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as described in Section 7 below.
7. “Opt Out” and Your Other Rights Regarding Our Use of Personal Information
Promptly upon receipt of your request, we will:
- correct or update your Personal Information (provided that we reject any such request if we believe the proposed change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Information to be incorrect);
- restrict the use of your Personal Information if you expressly indicate the same; and/or
- stop sending emails to your email address or other mailings to your physical address.
You can make these requests by sending an email to: email@example.com and/or by calling 651-646-7337.
8. Opting Out